The Sweater Dilemma
In my last post I introduced you to my dearly departed, now thoroughly felted, knitted Italian sweater. I've pulled her out of storage as it's time to decide her next phase of life. Let's talk options.
1. I could bury her and forget this entire thing happened. I'd bury her near our departed cat that always wanted to try and sleep on her.
2. Oh wait! A viking funeral! That may be more fun.
3. Okay, no. Both ideas are wasteful. Try blocking again? The prior 400 attempts did not work well. Maybe there's another blocking method I have not tried?
4. Add on some knit or crochet work to get her back to a normal size. Hmmm, this is interesting and will give me a one-of-a-kind look for sure. I could add some stitching back where it has been lost. I may have to do a little structure work to get some wiggle room back.
5. Donate it to a 5 YO as is and let it go already.
6. Cut it up and use the felted material to make cuff bracelets.
7. Cut it up and use the pieces for embroidery or other sewing work.
8. Other ideas??
What do you think. What would you do?